Can I use tethering (Personal Hotspot)?
Yes, you can use your personal hotspot with your eSIM as long as it is supported by your device and the network.
- Go to Settings
- Personal Hotspot
- Toggle on “Allow Others to Join”
Go to your eSIM installation page to check if APN is required. In case the eSIM requires the APN to be manually set, you will need to do that for the hotspot APN as well as follows:
- Go to Settings on your device
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data
- Go to your eSIM under Cellular/Mobile Data Plans
- Go to Cellular/Mobile Data Network
- In the Personal Hotspot APN field, type the APN as written in the eSIM installation details (all lower case, all one word)
- Leave Username and password blank
In order to turn on your device’s hotspot, please follow these steps:
- Set an APN before enabling Hotspot & tethering
- From the Home screen, head to Settings on your device(pull down the notification bar and hit the gear-shaped Settings button)
- Go to Network & Internet
- Tap “Hotspot & tethering.”
- Tap “Wi-Fi hotspot” and turn on “Wi-Fi hotspot.”
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact support.