How to Remove eSIM from iOS Device: Easy Deactivation guide
Removing an eSIM (Embedded SIM) from your iOS device is a straightforward process that can be done in just a few steps. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan without needing a physical SIM card. However, there might be situations where you need to remove it. The reason might be switching to a new carrier, selling your phone, or encountering issues with your current plan.
You can follow these steps to remove an eSIM from your iOS device.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
- Tap the plan that you want to erase.
- Tap "Delete eSIM."
Temporarily disable an esim on IOS Instead
To temporarily disable an eSIM on your iOS device, follow these easy steps:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to Cellular or Mobile.
- Look for the option "Turn on/off this line."
- This action will disable the eSIM temporarily.
You can turn the eSIM back on later. Remember, the eSIM's validity period continues even when it's off. If you have questions, contact support for help.
FAQ's on Deleting / Deactivating esim on IOS
How do I reactivate my eSIM?
- Go to your phone's Settings.
- Tap on 'Cellular' or 'Mobile Data.'
- Choose the eSIM plan.
- Turn on the switch next to it.
This will reactivate your eSIM.
Can you disable the eSIM on the iPhone without deleting it?
Yes, you can. The following steps disable the eSIM but don't delete it.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap 'Cellular' or 'Mobile Data'.
- Select the eSIM plan.
- Turn off the switch next to it.
What happens to eSIM when you reset your iPhone?
When you reset your iPhone:
- The eSIM stays on your phone.
- But you might need to reactivate it.
- Follow the steps in the first question to do this.